Reach for the Rainbow
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place for members of the LGBT community and its allies to come together and form friendships, share stories and have some fun!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Hardships of being a female in the LGBT community?

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin

Hardships of being a female in the LGBT community? Empty
PostSubject: Hardships of being a female in the LGBT community?   Hardships of being a female in the LGBT community? Icon_minitimeSat Jul 14, 2012 3:08 pm

Discuss Smile

Back to top Go down
https://reachfortherainbow.forumotion.com
Ivvy

PostSubject: Re: Hardships of being a female in the LGBT community?   Hardships of being a female in the LGBT community? Icon_minitimeSun Jul 15, 2012 10:41 am

Although people often consider lesbians to have it easier than gay men - and, of course, if you are looking at the matter under the law, as well as in terms of acceptance by society, then this is undoubtedly true... it's a sad disparity that needs to be evened out - the reason behind people being accepting of lesbians whilst at the same time not of gay men is somewhat disturbing and disconcerting. It's because they find it sexy, and hot and whatever. In this way, lesbians are sexualized more than any other in the LGBT community, and I think that's a disadvantage, because instantly it sends a message to us that society doesn't value our relationships as it does those of straight men and women, and that they are illegitimate as far as society is concerned. Further, it sends a message to young people who are straight that we are lesser, and, worse, that we are there simply for the satisfaction and pleasure of straight men. That pisses me off!! Because it is standing in the way of human progress, and hindering humanity's cause. Just saying...
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Hardships of being a female in the LGBT community?   Hardships of being a female in the LGBT community? Icon_minitimeSun Jul 15, 2012 11:21 am

I hear you there. So many girls will pretend they're lesbians/bisexual just to get guys to look at them. It's annoying and unfair to the true lgbt women
Back to top Go down
Ivvy

PostSubject: Re: Hardships of being a female in the LGBT community?   Hardships of being a female in the LGBT community? Icon_minitimeTue Jul 17, 2012 7:53 pm

I know, I hate it so much. But, on the subject of annoying things that straight girls do... am I the only person who gets infuriated when straight girls say they love gay men and want a gay best friend or whatever, but then say lesbians are disgusting and they'd never be friends with one etc.? The same applies conversely (guys are super turned on, usually, by lesbians, but then get all uncomfortable about male homosexuality). WHAT IS THIS MADNESS:?:
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Hardships of being a female in the LGBT community?   Hardships of being a female in the LGBT community? Icon_minitimeTue Jul 17, 2012 8:30 pm

I know! Talk about hypocrites. Like, straight girls are worried lesbians will come on to them, and the same thing with guys. Please, who wants to be with someone that thinks EVERYONE wants to be with them? They need to get over themselves.
Back to top Go down
Ivvy

PostSubject: Re: Hardships of being a female in the LGBT community?   Hardships of being a female in the LGBT community? Icon_minitimeSat Jul 21, 2012 2:52 pm

I know, right? Like I've got this 'friend' who is convinced I'm into her, or at the very least, one of my other friends. She claims that I'm only friends with my friendship group because I'm into one of them, and am using it as an excuse to get close to that person. What the hell? I'm sorry, but how does that thought even manifest itself? Like, how obsessed must she be with my life to go make up a story like that?
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Hardships of being a female in the LGBT community?   Hardships of being a female in the LGBT community? Icon_minitimeSun Jul 22, 2012 6:21 pm

Ugh, that sucks. I wasn't out when I was in hs so I never had that problem (I don't have friends now either) but I did have a gay friend. I remember I heard this girl in my grade was a lesbian and I got so excited (I didn't know why) and I did somethin stupid. Maybe your "friend" is gay and in denial?
Back to top Go down
Ivvy

PostSubject: Re: Hardships of being a female in the LGBT community?   Hardships of being a female in the LGBT community? Icon_minitimeMon Jul 23, 2012 7:29 pm

You know, I wouldn't even be surprised if she did turn out to be gay... I mean, she brings it up ALL the freakin' time; surely if she found it that awkward she wouldn't talk about it at all. Yep, you're right. Case closed. She's gay. Razz
Back to top Go down
Ivvy

PostSubject: Re: Hardships of being a female in the LGBT community?   Hardships of being a female in the LGBT community? Icon_minitimeMon Jul 23, 2012 7:32 pm

Also, a similar thing happened to me... when I found out there was a lesbian in my year, it made me strangely happy and excited... despite the fact that i didn't know this girl at all and had spoken to her not once i believe, it somehow managed to make me feel less alone...
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Hardships of being a female in the LGBT community?   Hardships of being a female in the LGBT community? Icon_minitimeMon Jul 23, 2012 7:53 pm

Haha, she probably likes you and is disguising her pain by saying she doesn't want you to like her.

Anyways, it's always nice to know there's something else nearby, even if you don't talk to them.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Hardships of being a female in the LGBT community?   Hardships of being a female in the LGBT community? Icon_minitimeSun Jan 13, 2013 12:26 am

I'm too lazy to read through, but have we mentioned the necessary fear of men, especially in groups, especially after dark, especially when you're with your girlfriend?

Ugh..
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hardships of being a female in the LGBT community?   Hardships of being a female in the LGBT community? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Hardships of being a female in the LGBT community?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Reach for the Rainbow :: Ladies-
Jump to: