Reach for the Rainbow
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place for members of the LGBT community and its allies to come together and form friendships, share stories and have some fun!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Advantages of being transgender?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin

Advantages of being transgender? Empty
PostSubject: Advantages of being transgender?   Advantages of being transgender? Icon_minitimeSat Jul 14, 2012 3:11 pm

Discuss Smile
Back to top Go down
https://reachfortherainbow.forumotion.com
Chris Checkmate

Chris Checkmate

PostSubject: Re: Advantages of being transgender?   Advantages of being transgender? Icon_minitimeMon Jul 30, 2012 3:56 pm

I think that being a transgender made me think a lot about who I really am and what others can really say about me. I discovered that I'm not what I see in the mirror, I'm not what others see. It made me undestand what's the real problem about "gender roles" and "stereotypes". Yep, even a cisgendered person can undestand this but I think that I wouldn't undestand it if i was cisgendered. (I'm not so perspicacious)
Back to top Go down
Daydreamer

Daydreamer

PostSubject: Re: Advantages of being transgender?   Advantages of being transgender? Icon_minitimeSat Jan 12, 2013 11:46 pm

These aren't my words, but those of someone participating in Tumblr's"30 Day Trans Challenge";

Quote :
You learn what it’s like to not be perfect. You learn what it’s like to want more from life than what you’re getting. Oftentimes, you learn what it’s like to have to go get what you need on your own. You learn the value of separating your past from your present, and your present from your future.

You learn who you are, who you want to be, and who you once were, more deeply than you would have ever expected. You learn to accept other people for who they are, and more specifically who they say they are, because you never know what steps they’re taking in any sense to become complete.

You learn that life can be hard. No, not can be — is. Life IS hard, but so many great things can come out of these hardships. Think back to the trans* women of color that are sought out and abused, killed, every day but as a community never back down in the consistent fight for queer rights.

Moreover, you learn that shit is hard - but you’ll get through it. If you’ve gotten this far, you’re going somewhere and it will be great, but you’ll have to work to get there.
Back to top Go down
http://sirchubbybunny.tumblr.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Advantages of being transgender?   Advantages of being transgender? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Advantages of being transgender?
Page 1 of 1