Reach for the Rainbow
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place for members of the LGBT community and its allies to come together and form friendships, share stories and have some fun!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

I hate politics, but...

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin

I hate politics, but... Empty
PostSubject: I hate politics, but...   I hate politics, but... Icon_minitimeWed Aug 15, 2012 2:38 pm

Is anyone else incredibly angry about Romney's campaign? I mean, first of all his wife believes woman shouldn't be working and that men ARE better than women, and also Romney, if he wins the election, is going to try to add an amendment to the constitution stating marriage is strictly between men and women. UGH!

America is supposed to be the land of the FREE, why is half the country forgetting this?! Why do they think only straight, white, men deserve to be free?

Back to top Go down
https://reachfortherainbow.forumotion.com
Ivvy

I hate politics, but... Empty
PostSubject: Re: I hate politics, but...   I hate politics, but... Icon_minitimeFri Aug 17, 2012 9:36 pm

YES, VERY ANGRY!! Although I don't live in the states, i have been following this election campaign closely, and am amazed at the fact that Romney is even considered a serious opponent, especially standing against a great man and president as Obama.
Not only does he have views on social issues that mirror those of cavemen, as he does not comment on whether he supports the Lilly Ledbetter fair pay act... shouldn't it just be obvious that people support equal pay for men and women in the same job? isn't that just common sense? As for his views on gay marriage, i think they're extreme, even for a republican, especially this notion of putting it in the constitution to ban it altogether... he's completely out of touch with the views of the American people, and I will be in a state of paralysis caused by shock if he manages to win the election in November.

But it is not just his policies on equality that are ridiculous: he believes in a top-down economic system, a social darwinism, if you like, that only benefits the very richest of all Americans, and leaves the others to fend for themselves, with the average american having to pay for a tax cut the millionaires and billionaires simply do not need, or even deserve.
He believes healthcare should only be accessible for those who have the money to pay for it, and does not (any more, though he used to) stand behind the notion that healthcare is a right of all people, not a privilege for the wealthy few.
As for education, he would cut Pell grants that make higher education possible for those average americans who simply cannot realistically afford to pay the ridiculous sums of money that are demanded, deepening the divide between the rich and the poor.

He is not a believer in a free America. A free America would be a place where all people would contribute to society, paying their fair share, and all people would be able to benefit, getting their fair shake... where the family or area to which you are born does not determine the extent to which you can fulfill your dreams, or realise your goals, where everyone is given the same opportunities, and has all the means required to be the very best person they can be, and to achieve the very most they can hope to achieve... where everyone has a shot at life... where people can live, without having to settle for merely surviving.

As someone living in the UK, the choice that faces average Americans seems clear to me. There's one candidate who is ready to fight the good fight for you, who's got your back, who understands your struggles because he was there once, too, he's lived it, and he's felt that pain, and he's seen the injustice, and wants to change the system to make it one that works for everybody. The other candidate simply does not care.
Back to top Go down

I hate politics, but...
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Reach for the Rainbow :: Random (Anyone welcome)-
Jump to: